Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 32.

Make something ephemeral. Can you create something using material that will dissipate quickly, like soap bubbles, smoke, butter on a griddle, or cream in coffee?


I woke up this morning groaning. The 6 am alarm had come too early and it was only Tuesday. Could have sworn it felt like a Wednesday or Thursday, but nope. It was Tuesday. Day two of work week 47. Still uncomfortable employment.

I am beginning to think I am someone who will never be happy. Even confronted with a big ole Hawaiian pizza pie, a side of ranch and an ice cold #9, I would still be unhappy and probably find a hair on my slice or a fly in my drink.

I used to have this friend who would tell me elaborate stories about his dreams, only they weren’t dreams, they were nightmares. Last night I dreamt I was dating this friend, only it wasn’t a dream, it was the first nightmare I’ve had in years. And when I woke up groaning about the day of the week I was also awaking from a life where I was with him, sharing his waking dreams everyday and nightmares every night. It left me wanting to see him, talk with him, tell him about my dream. Only I can’t because we aren’t friends anymore. And though my dream was short lived, I can’t get him out of my mind. And now I realize it isn’t the dream that’s the nightmare. It’s the reality in which I react to the dream. It is the waking dream, it is life.

P.S. I love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...