Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 27

Dreamland. Use a recent dream as inspiration for what you do today.

This is one of my favorite poems, by Bessie Pease Gutman:

Dreamland isn’t far away;
It’s very near your bed
It’s there beneath the pillow
Where your rest your sleepy head.

How curious you must agree,
That dreamlands here each night,
And in the morning when you wake
It vanishes from sight.

Oh, can you think of other lands
That you might recognize,
Ones you can only go to see
When close shut your eyes?

The time had come to snuggle in
and hug your Teddy Bear.
And off you go together now;
Sweet dreams will take you there.

My night time dreams have been negligent. Each night I wish to lose myself in dreamland adventures but find myself lost in the void of what is my mind. My waking dreams are much more vibrant, as I am sure you have seen from my past few postings. I like to explore the world of the unknown, but only in my mind. In reality I have trouble making the jump. In reality I am lost. My entire life, my dream has been to have a dog. I think I will make this dream come true. Maybe then I will feel much more settled and much less uneasy in my life. Step one: dog. Step two: happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...