Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 17

Make something inspired by and/or that goes over an eye (yours or someone else’s)
I often imagine the time when glasses were unavailable. I think about how the older sister from Little House on the Prairie eventually went blind and wonder, did she just need glasses? I imagine myself groping around without corrective lenses, hands always out on front of me reaching for the unseen. I am legally blind without glasses or contacts. I use to walk around my college campus, I’d slip my glasses off my face and tuck them into the neck of my shirt where they’d hang. The faces of passing strangers would sneak up on me like ghosts, their eyes and mouths dark, black. Were they even alive? Are any of us alive? Maybe this is where my theory of the living dead came from. Maybe this is how I figured it out. Maybe this is how I realized. We are all dead. Stuck. Waiting. What’s next?

I do not cover my eyes anymore. I do not need to. I see the truth, and the truth is death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...