Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 22

Create a bridge. Connect two things in a creative way. It could be small enough for an amoeba or big enough for an elephant to cross it.

I have been carrying around an unfinished painting since summer of 2007. I can’t bring myself to paint over it, but I can’t bring myself to finish it either. It is of the most beautiful bridge scene I have ever witnessed, over the Grande River of Seville. It is sunset and there are men fishing for their dinner.

A few weeks ago, I dragged myself to the craft store to purchase some oils with the intention of finishing this painting, but I walked out empty handed. Financial security once again kicked me in the ass and stomped on my dreams of ever finishing this painting. Is this going to be a lifetime struggle? Eat for a day or paint for a day? That is the question. That is the never ending question.

Hopefully one day I will finish this painting, but if I do what will I carry around to remind me of my fragmentary dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...