Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 24

It’s not easy being green. Work only with green-colored materials today. Try working on a green surface for a real challenge.

If I was a man who saw in only green,
what would the earth look like to me?
Would it be a colorful jungle-like affair,
with green bombs bursting off in the air?
Sounds like a scary slimy place
with lots of people who will stare at my face.
I hope they don’t torture and make fun of me
because of the difference that my eyes see.
But if they do, it is because I see through green lens
or maybe it’s the drippy green boogers that hang to my chin.
My body is tinted seasickness green,
woozy waves wash over me each time I breath.
My hands all monster-like straight down to the hair
that grows out of each finger and under the nails.
I scratch my face with my file-like nail
And off flakes a few of my green scales.
I breath out of water, so I’m not a fish,
and I guess I am filling my own little niche.
The niche of green monsters, creatures and things
but don’t worry my bark is worse than my sting.
I’m actually a friendly green giant of sorts
And the only thing that oozes are my few little warts.
Trust me when I say I am just like you,
The only thing that’s different is I see in chartreuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...