Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Sustainable 2013

I welcomed 2013 the same way I welcomed 2012, out in the woods of Western North Carolina with the guy I love and some amazing friends. There's no better way to say goodbye to old times and hello to new than by finding peace in the simplicity of the world and the surrounding nature.

This is where we camped if anyone is interested.





And that is why today I leave you with 75 Ways to Live More Sustainably in 2013.  And now for some of my favorites:

Build a Compost Bin, I've been dying to do this so I can have fresh worms for my froggies, but also because every time I throw some good ole vegetable scrap a little part of me dies.

Farm-cation, WWOOF is an amazing resource and I hope Adam and I can explore it one day. It may also help us to find out if we are made to be farmers.

Have a Green Burial, I didn't even know this was possible, but for the longest time I've imagined the one I love wrapping me in a sheet, carrying me to the top of a hill where an old oak lives and burying me beneath. This is a bookmark for me to go find out more about this.

Watch YERT, do you think Netflix has this?

Thanks for the inspiration Sustainable Kentucky.

I hope everyone has a sustainable and happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...