Tuesday, January 29, 2013

FEELING LOST // POEM


Image from 


There’s this big wide world out there
and sometimes
I just feel lost.

Snide comments or remarks
come straight for me,
when others
the ones that really matter
become the ones lost in translation.

What am I missing?
People say I’m hard to get in touch with
Spacey, at arm’s length
But I haven’t gotten the smoke signals
I can’t hear you reach.

When other times I reach out
I do something good
My actions get batted away
Likely misunderstood

Other times I do the work
And others take the praise
I’m telling you I’m confused,
is this the way of the ways?

I’m lost in this big bad world.
I don’t know what to think.
People take so much from me,
they pull and pull and take.

Obligations are not my own.
Like Alice I am lost
Down a rabbit hole of despair,
which cake will make me whole,
which cake will make me lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...