Thursday, December 20, 2012

Quilting

I'm addicted it quilts, thanks to this lady from Folk Fibers. I mean who knew you could make the most beautiful hand dyed fabrics using onion skins. (Love the roses).

There's a nostalgia behind quilting. The idea of neighborhood women sitting around a table busying their fingers with needles and thread, while their mouths busy themselves with gossip. Quilts often knit together stories, relics, heirlooms, and history. Can you think of anything else that weaves so many wonderful things together?

I have a pile of beautiful old sheets and fabric laying in a pile in my spare bedroom and I've done something both amazing and bad at the same time. I've convinced myself to make a quilt over Christmas (or at least start one). This will be my first and hopefully not my last. Wish me luck and look for updates!

In the meantime check out these beautiful pictures from Folk Fibers.

Love the hand stiched signature.
Another.

Me in a dream.

VW bus!

Sweet love to a new family.

Wonderful Inspiration.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm just starting quilting lessons from a friend's mom! Her quilting room is an 1800's cabin that now acts as the entrance/mud/craft room of their house. It makes me feel like Laura Ingles and I cannot wait to be sitting in my someday cabin, quilting by the fire with my friend Dana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing, I hope you will teach me everything you learn.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...