Monday, May 14, 2012

Spoiled By Boone


Butterflies high up in the sky, do you think they are learning to swim or learning to fly?

Snow falling fast and magical, white like a blanket covering me, covering you.

I left you many years ago my heart wanting to soar, follow, learn some more.

Was it a mistake to leave so soon, when I was still intertwined within you little town so true?

I can’t go back now, never will. My heart has changed, it beats less still.

But I imagine you just the same, green and luscious, my trust remains.

And hidden deep within your hills are little pieces of me that remain so still.

I think I can find them once again, awaken by the magic the Blue Ridge instills.

And this is when I’ll stop and make note that Boone spoiled me yes, but no longer my love is so remote. 






I stole all of these pictures off facebook. Thanks to all the friends that posted these and for keeping such great records  and photos of our wonderful times there. Love to you all. 

3 comments:

  1. Dana, this is beautiful poem/song/writing! I cannot wait to see the growth of your pumpkin in July¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this poem and sentiment. Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! I was thinking of you both when I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...