Thursday, May 10, 2012

Internal struggles


I’m hating my job right now. Yes. I mean it. Seriously. All I want to do is look at awesome blogs online all day, get inspiration from others and continue homesteading and crafting. But no. My life will not allow it. Instead I find myself in my cube pretending to look busy at work or contemplating how awesome it would be for me and Adam to go to another country and live. - - Is this normal?

I think part of this apprehension to wake up and go to work each day is because I have been working my ass off. Which is good right? My parents would say I’m doing exactly what I’m supposed to be doing. I’m young, work hard, save money, retire early. I’d smile back at them, the whole time mumbling under my breathe, like you did.

I have an ongoing internal struggle. I think some of you out there feel the same way. I have all these questions to ask, but no one knows the answers. How do I work to have money, save money, to afford to live, to have a future, marriage, family,  when all I really want is adventure? How do I find that balance? How do others find that balance? Or do they?

Is there anyone out there that feels the same as I? How do I quiet the beating of my heart? 

3 comments:

  1. Dana. I feel you and couldn´t have put it better myself. Pretending to be busy at work has officially become my job. I am living my adventure (and loving it), but still hate my job, am not saving any money, and am already thinking of my next adventure and what country to move to next. How am I feeling too settled...in SPAIN? Really? What is wrong with me? I constantly wonder if there is something wrong with me and if this is just the way I am or if I will grow out of it someday. Do I want to grow out of it? Not really.

    Maybe you should plan an adventure to Spain? October? You, Adam, me, wine, cheese, Spanish ham, hiking under the Andalusian sun, free place to stay. Are you convinced yet? I try to have mini weekly adventures and when I am feeling too settled, but can´t pick up and go somewhere, do something new in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you are crazy - - settled in Spain? Me oh my. :)

    I think many of us have a wanderlust about us. I hope I never grow out of it, but I do hope I can find a place that I feel is home to me and that I can feel content with vacations and traveling on the weekend. I can't continue to move every year of my life to a new town and a new place - that's just plain crazy.

    Part of me thinks Boone spoiled us, it was just too good.

    I'd love to feel the Andalusian sun on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the nail on the head with this one, Dana. I love the way you phrased it, and I feel the same way. How do we find the balance? I have this internal conversation in my head daily. Can't wait to lay on the beach with you and share ideas on finding the equalibrum between the necessities and dreams. Xo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...