Thursday, May 10, 2012

Huckleberry Finn, Fishing Rods, and Piracy


I’m in the Huckleberry Finn sort of mood. I don’t officiallyknow what that means, but I have this desire to sit down with a cold beer andThe Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and read it cover to cover. I know this willactually never happen. I haven’t read a book since Christmas and I do not haveHuck Finn handy.  Does anyone have a copyI can borrow?

Maybe, this desire is born from having the wind in my hairand salt on my teeth, my hands griping a fishing pole, my mind medicated withthe reward of fresh seafood. Adam and I took the day off, or rather he had theday off and I took it.

We’ve been fishing all day.

It feels good to have the sun on my face and be fardistanced from the strife of work life. For working at the beach, some of thepeople here are quite heated. It’s funny how conflicting political views striveon small towns. I guess everyone’s fighting over a piece of land that shouldn’tbe. Long live piracy. Long live life on a sandbar. Long live the Outer Banks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...