Monday, May 21, 2012

Ask Questions: Where do I see myself in ten years?


My visions of the future are not to be confused with dancing sugarplums, though they sometimes seem more attainable. I often imagine the future and often when I do imagine the future I find myself lost within the nonexistence of that word. My images are often solid and well formulated, but vague in that I only imagine a few things and I never imagine the specifics. And I think that is part of the problem you see – that and my images of the future are far from my realty of today. I have a few of the things I wish for, but in today’s dreams I need a geography lesson and a less shallow pocket.

In ten years, I see a little house, many dogs, including Lola, gray and old, Billy the goat munching on his salad greens, chickens pecking, dirt on my hands from the garden, the one I love smiling at me from the porch step, wind in the trees, the trickle of a creek, and myself as an entrepreneur. Oh, and a mint julep waiting for me next to the one I love. Cold and strong, just like mountain streams. 

Where do you see yourself in ten years? 

Please feel free to leave your answers as comments below. I’d love to hear everyone’s plans for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...