Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A "Cheese"y Weekend


It’s been the most educational weekend, in terms of cheese that is.

Last year, I purchased a cheese making kit for my sister and after her attempt to make cheese and failing (see photo below), she turned the kit over to me in attempts to see how messy I could make my kitchen.

Paige's attempt at cheese
But alas, instead I made cheese. The most crumbly mozzarella cheese ever (I didn't stretch and knead it enough, more on that later) and then I used the whey to make mysost a Norwegian brown cheese (more on that too). I’m pretty proud of my cheese. It’s not perfect but it sure is tasty. And now for some cheese or cheesy photos!
All my utensils

The cheese has made curds! This is what it will look like after cutting and heating.

Pulling out the almost cheese

This helps you save your fingers from burning off


The motz before squishing out excess whey
storing in water to keep fresh
Are you interested in making cheese? This is the cheese kit I purchased and used from etsy.
And stay tuned for more cheese stories later this week. ---Make Cheese Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...