Monday, December 10, 2012

DIY LAUNDRY SUDS // HOW TO


Let me begin this by saying, I love this DIY tutorial. Here are a few reasons why: It’s  super easy, super cheap, and super DIY.

What you will need:
1/3 bar of Colgate Octagon soap, shredded (You can also use Fels Naptha Laundry Soap, Zote, or Ivory.)
½ Borax
½ Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda

All of these materials can be found on the laundry isle, unless you live in no-man’s-land like I do and then you’ll have to order the Arm & Hammer Washing Soda from amazon.

Melt shredded soap in 6 cups of water on low heat. Add borax and washing soda and 18 cups of water. Stir to dissolve and voila. You got yourself some homemade suds.
I stored mine in old laundry containers. Click here for a really great tutorial from Frugally Green. This is where I found my recipe. Thanks Frugally Green! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...