Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The squirrels ate our dinner.

We have garden pests. They sneak up in the middle of the night and take giant bites out of my prized garden vegetables. I wake up in the morning to find red peppers and tomatoes left to wither on the vine, holes the size of half-dollars violently gnashed into their skins.


These pests seem to be attracted to the red color, I tried hiding them behind basil and sunflower plants to no avail. These creatures are persistent and I’m afraid to say, they are Lola’s favorite animal. They have been tormenting her lately by scurrying up out of her reach to the telephone pole and into the trees towering above her. She’s fast, but not that fast. Her barking and marking seems to make the squirrels even more excited, taunting her from above.



Last night we were supposed to have fresh garden peppers stuffed with turkey, topped with mozzarella and marina sauce, but the squirrels ate our dinner. These tree rats are ruining my garden and my appetite. Any squirrel remedies?
It looks like she's the pest, but I promise she's not!

2 comments:

  1. eat the squirrels for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I thought about this while I was watching Turtle Man. His mom made him a home cooked dinner of squirrel soup. I even went as far as taking the sling shot our back, but then my g'ma told me it wasn't the squirrels, but the birds. . .

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...