Wednesday, November 16, 2011

learning to surf

Do you think that learning to surf is like confessing something really really difficult? Do you think you have to completely let go? Do you think you have to say:

Hey ocean. Here I am. I have something to tell you, you probably won't like it, but I mean it. I really really do. 


I'm going to surf you. I'm going to turn your water into my perfect barrel tube. I'm going to make you take me on a ride. I'm going to change your world, your way of thinking, your purpose. 


I know. It's hard for me too. I'm scared. I'll eat it, I'm sure. Will you be mad if I fall? If you don't like what I have to say or the way I ride? What if I'm too aggro towards you? Will you hate me? 


It'll be hard, at first. I know. We will both struggle.  But then you'll see, it'll be worth it. Right? If I just jump, It'll be worth it?



















The ocean says:
 I have a proposal for you. 
Stick your feet in my water.


And I say:
I accept your proposal, but it may take me a while before I really ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...