Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 8

Transform an old book into something new by cutting, folding, gluing, and so on.

The Not So Very Hungry Caterpillar

By Dana Lauren, adapted from Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Please note this story has not won numerous awards, including an American Institute of Graphic Arts Award in 1970, the Selection du Grand Pris des Treize in France in 1972, and the Nakamori Reader’s Prize in Japan in 1975. This story was not cited as one of the “Ten Best Picture Books of the Year” in 1969 by NY Times and has not been translated into over 50 different languages. In fact, this story does not have any pictures and has never been published or made into a book.

The very hungry caterpillar wasn’t hungry at all. He shrank and shrank and shrank and shrank and wondered why he wasn’t ten feet tall.
I just ate too much, he told the ladybugs, I ate it all on up. And now I am so full, I don’t think I could take another bite for my entire life.
Oh no, oh no, the ladybugs screamed, now you will never turn into a beautiful butterfly.
A butterfly, I never could, cause I am a moth you see. I think I might just go and hibernate to see what will happen to me.
And a little while later a moth pops out in the dark and flys around without a spark. The ladybugs have gone to sleep which makes the moth so happy to see. Thank god those bright red things are no longer screaming at me. I can fly around in the dark and just be ugly ole gray me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...