Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 6


Look in the kitchen and work with the first fruit or vegetable you spot. It could be in the form of juice, jam, or even canned.

I recently became part of Backyard Produce, an online farmers market. I joined Backyard Produce as part of the 10% campaign in NC and because of a groupon. Yesterday, I got my second box of deliveries. It was full of sweet fruits, vegetables and even bagels. Now delivery day is my favorite day.

Ode to Delivery Day

Today is the most important day.
But I can never quite remember,
Until out on my porch a box doth lay.
Oh these people, these connoisseurs.
They leave the most precious vegetables,
In the shade on my porch
A little present for me to eat.
Oh how unforgettable
I will raise my big old torch
To convince the world to swear off meat.

Or maybe just to eat more veg.
It’s healthy I promise you.
Stand up like me and take a pledge
For organic and local products North Carolinians grew.
10 percent is all you need,
It’ll work,
If you join,
And support your local economy.
Farm to Fork.
Add your coins.

You too can find,
Waiting at your house
A box to provide you a piece of mind.
But watch out there’s a mouse,
Just kidding, there’s nothing hiding there.
The only things that you will see,
Are fresh and so yummy.
Big heads of lettuce the box doth bare,
Kale, apples, and broccoli
I wonder if they have some local honey?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...