Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 13 - Part 3

Use tea leaves or tea bags (used or unused) or even just liquid tea (in a cup or not) to create something today.


This entry is an extension of two previous entries. Check out posts from Day 4 and Day 5 for the precursors.

Jamie drinks tea and so the next morning I woke to the screaming of the kettle on the hot iron stove. Of-course I thought it was my alarm, grumbled something like shut up you condescending bastard and rolled over. This was part of my normal morning routine, only I wasn’t in my pillow laden double bed, I was on Jamie’s couch and I rolled completely off, smacking my head on the cold floor.

“What the,” I complained opening my eyes and waiting for them to focus. When they finally did all I could see were books, floor to ceiling literally. Jane Eyre was lying next to me on the floor and as I read the cover my mind put the pieces back into place. I was at Jamie’s! I searched around for my sweater to cover my camisole, plus I was cold now that I was uncovered. I found it slipped it on and buttoned it up. Where was Jamie and where was the heat?

As if to answer my question, Jamie walked up behind me with two steaming mugs in his hand. He handed one to me as he did every morning at the coffee shop. Mmm, I thought, coffee.

“I hope you were warm enough last night, my propane tank went out the other day and I haven’t had a chance to refill it yet.”

I shook my head yes and took a sip of my coffee. Surprised at the taste, I made a face. “That’s not coffee.”

Jamie smirked. “No it’s not. Haven’t you ever had tea?”

I shook my head no and took another sip. I hope he doesn’t smell my morning breath.

The tea actually wasn’t that bad, but I didn’t tell Jamie that. “What time is it?” I asked noticing it was still dark outside.

“Four-Thirty.”

“What?” My eyes peeled open.

“I gotta open the shop here in a bit and I gotta drop you off before.”

“Oh Jamie, don’t worry about me,” I said looking around for my shoes, “I can walk, no big deal, where are we?”

He chuckled, “Don’t worry I won’t make you walk from here, you’d never make it home.”

I smiled at him to say thank you and glanced down at my tea. I had already finished half of it. “Where’s the bathroom?”

When I came out of the bathroom, Jamie was out on his porch. I grabbed a blanket from the couch wrapped it around my shoulders and followed the cold air from the open door out to him.

“You must be crazy. It’s freezing out here.”

“I like to watch the city while it’s sleeping.”

I looked out at the view and saw a marina. I had no idea Jamie lived next to the sound. All the boats were lined up and docked in their bays. Rocking peacefully in the breeze. They looked like little kids in their beds all tucked away for the night. I looked over at Jamie and he was looking at me which made me blush. Good thing it was still dark outside. I smiled at him and looked away. God I wish I knew what he was thinking, but instead of reading my mind all he said was, “ I guess we should get going.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...