Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Playlist (for your listening pleasure)

Because I love music and I feel it plays an integral part in my life. DUM DA DUM, I reveal to you: Dana's summer playlist! (In no particular order.)

1. TV on the Radio, Return to Cookie Mountain. I woke up the other day singing 'I was a Lover' and ended up jamming out to this song at 6 am on the way to work that morning. I also love 'Wolf Like Me' for it's lyrical genius.

2. Brian Jonestown Massacre, Give it Back! This album is sick and I am completely in love with the fact that not all bands from the 90s were caught up in grunge rock and feminist rage.

3. Minus the Bear (Any Album). Enough said.

4.Kings of Convenience, Declaration of Independence. This is an easy listener that anyone will enjoy.

5. The Black Keys. All albums, Especially their newest: Brothers. Many of you have probably heard the new songs 'Tighten Up' or 'Next Girl'. Isn't Frank great? And, if you like those, listen to some of their older stuff like 'Psychotic Girl'.

6. And check out No Eyes for the latest local music. This band is from Raleigh and they are super talented.

7. And of course it's not summer without some type of Beatles music. My dad recently got some of the remastered albums and I have been devotedly listening to them all, but I am most obsessed with Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club.

Well, that about does it for my musical companions this summer. I hope you all become as enamored and obsessed as I have. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...