Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Farewell Sandy


Sandy, as the first hurricane that I’ve lived through, you sure did make your mark. Showing your first signs on a Friday, moving in throughout the weekend and extending your stay through Monday and Tuesday, you just wouldn’t go back home to where you belonged.

You visited many of my favorite OBX places, ripping apart our favorite fishing pier, destroying our old Bonner Bridge and parts of the historic Mirlo Beach and Hatteras Island, but I thank you for leaving my little home safe and dry. And you didn’t even take my power, not once. I would have at least given you that, had you wanted it. I would have traded an hour of two of power to save the Avalon Pier, but you didn’t ask me. I guess you didn’t have time, though you spent close to a week at my home before heading north to visit my friends in Philly and NYC. Please be as kind to them as you were to me.

Oh Sandy, you frankenstorm, did you know that Halloween was my favorite holiday and that during your visit I burned a frankincense candle just for you?

All Photos courtesy of Outer Banks Voice

Our Avalon Pier

Collington Harbour 



New Inlet Under Water

Waves near our house

And finally, the calm after the storm



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...