Friday, October 12, 2012

Dream a Dream of Rough Draft Farmstead

Throughout the days I find myself dreaming of a different life. One that’s easier on the mind, but harder on the body. One that involves continuous sunburns and fingernails full of dirt. One where waking up at the crack of dawn to a rooster crowing is mundane and a hard day is defined not by emails, commutes, and coworkers, but rather by how frozen the ground is under your feet and how deep you have to dig.

To me this dream is only a flickering light in the distance. Something that keeps me going, but doesn’t fuel my fire. I hope to one day achieve this dream by opening an eco-lodge and farm. To feed my guests freshly grown produce from the backyard. For now though, I am living through the dreams of Hannah and Jesse, two young farmers in Kentucky.

Hannah and Jesse were recently forced off their farm and left homeless. All the money they had invested in their dream had been stripped from their hands, but they have been given a second chance.

Relocating to Bugtussle, they started over again with Rough Draft Farmstead. Read more about their story here. They are currently seeking donations to build a 750 sq. feet off the grid cabin. If you’d like to help them achieve their dream donate here and in return you get a free lunch at Rough Draft farmstead. How charming!

I don’t personally know Hannah or Jesse, nor do I remember how I came across them on this worldwide web, but since finding their story I’ve been dedicated to helping them achieve their goal.  Maybe I’m gullible and am easily convinced by others to invest money in people I barely know, but I’d blame it more on jealousy. One day I will be Hannah and Jesse and one day I will ask for help as they have from people like you and them.

Plus, I think If I truly did know them, I’d be their best friend and them mine.

Help them reach their goal, spread their story, and share in their dreams because sometimes you must live through others before you can build on yours. 






Thanks for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...