Thursday, June 7, 2012

When the cat's away, the mouse plays.

Or at least that is how I felt last night, since Adam was out of town visiting his newest baby niece, who apparently has a head full of black hair. Precious!

Lolabear and I enjoyed watching ABCFamily (yes, Mrs. Doubtfire was on) and HGTV (many many episodes of House Hunters) and crafting until wee hours of the night (and not going for a run, which I'm a bit disappointed in myself about since it was national running day). Then we settled in bed with a good birding book.

The house is super lonely when Adam's away and though I love my free time, I mostly find myself at a loss with what to do. Last night I caught myself up on a few of my DIY project lists. Here's a little preview of a shirt I spiced up by putting some detailing on it.

Before.


After




2 comments:

  1. How did you do that?! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison!

    Here are DIY Instructions for T-shirt remodel:

    Find an old long sleeve shirt and cut the sleeves off above the elbows or any desired length.

    Then tracing a neckline of another t (whose neckline you enjoy) cut a new neck, like my new scoop.

    Use these materials to cut heart shapes of varying sizes.

    Sew onto t-shirt while ruffling. I basically just scrunch it up as I run it through the machine.

    Ta-da, new shirt. Pretty easy!

    If you need a visual, I'll show you in July.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...