Thursday, June 28, 2012

Living on Dreams


You know that old country song that Alan Jackson once sung. You know, the one where living without someone isn’t worth the time. The one that I blame for my irrevocable desire to love and be loved. The one that makes it seem as if it is not worth it unless you have someone to love. Living on Love, you know the one.

Okay, so maybe it’s not that old and maybe he still sings it and maybe you don't know the song, but I left my Alan Jackson stage with my Bugs Bunny glasses back in 1998. Though, I never outgrew my desire and search for true love. And now that I have found love, I can’t believe how true this song is, but I think there is also something to be said about living on dreams.

Each day, I dream a little something new. Sometimes, it’s something as small as new shoes. I’m loving a retro pair of Tom wedges right now. But however small or large it is, it’s something that I hold tight onto. It’s a little something that carries me throughout my day. I fall asleep with these dreams, coddled in my arms like a newborn.

Living on love sure is swell, but I wouldn’t trade living on dreams for anything in the world. Especially when my dreams involve my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...