Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Devil Runs Slow.


I recently stumbled across a new blog, Nat and the Fat Rat. And instantly I became obsessed. I should not be spending all my time at work scrolling through cute photos of a lady and her baby walking through the streets of NYC, reading her ramblings words and how she struggled with having her first baby Huck. Tiers came to my eyes literally, when I read about her giving away her first furbaby, realizing she couldn’t keep up with them all. And when I started to read her essays, ending with the chapters in her life book, I realized myself, what I want my blog to be, who I want to be. I want to be her, or like her. Writing and rambling away my endless days, creating a forum to tell stories about my loves and my life and how intertwined they have become. This is all much easier to embrace knowing l have a sweet family of my own waiting to greet me when I return home from work.

Recently, I had a blog design change. I’ve tried to become more interactive. Posting pretties, sweet cassette tapes that link to songs I’ve been listing to, more pictures, posts, words, ideas. And everything I have done has been well accepted by you guys. Yesterday, I had 50 page views alone! But there might be more changes in store, I’m thinking a new name, something that is much more me and less tied to my educational status. Because yes, when this blog started, it held my confessions of an unemployed university graduate. But that person just isn’t me anymore. I’m coming up on my second anniversary of my first blog post. That means I have been out of school for almost 2 years! It seems like just yesterday I was struggling with finishing my accounting courses, moving in with my parents, forcing the Outer Banks to be my home, a relationship breakup, searching for a job and finding one, trying to stop myself from falling in love, and more and more. So much has happened, in so little time. The older I get the faster things change. One day I’m going to wake up and not recognize my face in the mirror, that it will have changed overnight and the person I see is someone I am yet to become. I’m sure I will be petrified of this, but this is how the world works and how time tick tocks away.

So, I am looking for new blog name suggestions! Any and all welcome. 

5 comments:

  1. I just looked at Nat the Fat Rat for an hour. Thank you. She is fabulous and chic and you and her are the exact reason why I can never keep up with a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her. And thank for the flattery, but I'm not nearly as great of a blogger as Nat. I found a new one yesterday, Cotton and Curls, http://cottonandcurls.blogspot.com/. My fav spot is the DIY section. I refashioned some jeans into skinnies last night. Then tried to turn a man's flannel shirt into a shirt my size. Pants are awesome. Shirt was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. post pictures please! her skinnies are super cute. Have you seen this blog?

    http://www.newdressaday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay tuned. I'm working on a post right now actually!

    No. I'm excited to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...