Friday, January 20, 2012

stretch armstrong

poetic words screaming out
dance between shadowy bouts
back and forth and in between
hide and seek and living rooms
i search high and i search low
i never know which way to go
or where to find your caressing hands
upon my skin like quicksand

i look for you beneath the pillow
but i can't find you there
only dreams and scary things turning into nightmares
i searched for you in the trunk of my car
but i think you somehow got out
maybe you're roaming around lost in circles
reaching your hands out

i have tried to reach right back but i can not find
the fingertips rough and sweet
that encapsulate my mind
i wish for arms that stretch on out
as far as they can go
to search the earth both far and near
and follow where you go

but when i think real hard about where you might hide
i find my self looking deep deep inside
within a beating muscle
thump thump thumping away
i find something that resembles you
working night and day

smiles lurk upon my lips
when i think of you
working hard to keep my heart so in love with you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...