Monday, January 30, 2012

Old Liver Jones sings the homeless blues

feet in the sand, nowhere to go
i'm all alone and without a home
nowhere to go
but i can't stay
loose like pennies rattling away
i've got nowhere to go
but nowhere to stay

gotta rest my head 
but don't know where
need to prop up my feet
take the load off
drink a beer, work the day off
sing a little tune
let the ditty sooth
but i got nowhere to go 
and nowhere to stay

rolling stones rolling away
i gather no dust 
cause I can't stay
run like hell
away from the fear
that dwells in my mind 
and puts up shop there
run, run, run but i go nowhere
nowhere to go
and nowhere to stay

homeless vagrants
make their way 
into my sole, begging away
i look in the mirror and all i can say
is i got nowhere to go
and nowhere to stay

and just so you know
when the night comes
its black like the void
and bright like the sun
the ups and the downs
the opposites collide
and carry me on this roller coaster ride
i scream until dawn
and fight at the sheets
i wake up in cold sweats
i don't eat for weeks
and when push comes to shove
i collapse with the weight
i throw up my arms or toss in the towel
i give it all up
i submit to the hell
i wait until dawn
to begin it all again
knowing that each day
brings back an end
just thought i'd share in the hell of this world
the misleading incidents
my fear of the hordes
surrounding me daily by all of the things
i hate and i love and i fear and i praise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...