Wednesday, October 12, 2011

BLOOD FULL OF BRINE

There was no pro con list for this decision. First of all because I didn’t feel comfortable basing my career (aka. Life) off a sheet of inked paper, but mostly because there wasn’t really a decision to be made. It would have been flat out dumb if I had turned down a new position, better pay, more opportunity, experience and responsibility, and the beach for what I have now. No offense current job. You got me in the door, you were my gateway job and an excellent one at that. But really, I would be beyond blond if I had turned it down.

Let me back up a bit (just for the sake of explanation and for those of you that might be saying what the hell is she talking about?) I have been offered a new position with the Outer Banks Tourism Bureau. It comes with a transformed job title: Events and Marketing Assistant (I can’t seem to kick that assistant thing). It comes with a pay raise. It comes with more responsibility. It comes with great co-workers (which I already have at the Division, but these new folks seem awesome too!). And it comes with a move.

I start pretty quickly, which has been why I am having such a hard time grasping all this. To be completely honest, I didn’t want to move until the new year, which is still 2 and a half months away. Naive, I’m sure, but that is the thing, I am naïve. I am young. I am 25. I have never made a decision like this before and I’m completely scared I’m making the wrong decision.

I have a magic eight ball on my iphone. I keep asking it the same questions: Is this the right move? Should I accept the job? Will I like it down there? Is this the right thing to do? Am I making a smart decision? I am officially pissed off at my magic eight ball and its bi-polar disorder. But I guess I shouldn’t trust my career (aka. Life) on magic eight ball either.

I’m just looking for someone to tell me what to do. Or more like I am doing is the right thing, since I have already accepted the position and written my resignation letter.

If I believed in signs, I would explain this as the Outer Banks reeling me back in. No matter how far I go (aka. Boone), I always somehow get back to the coast. I shouldn’t be complaining, I’m just trying to figure it all out. I know it’s in my family history, but is it also in my blood?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am excited for you! Sounds like a really good job and a lot of fun too. Like you said, you'd be crazy if you didn't take it.

    -AP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...