Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy first day of summer!

Today is my day off. Oh Joy! Oh wonderment! The sun shines its peppy head in my window, bouncing off the open blinds casting images on the wall. I sleep in late, though my sleep is disturbed by my internal clock. It yells 'Get up lazy.' I hit the snooze button and my dreams combine the dancing sun streaked images on my wall with wondering ideas and brain waves.

Today is going to be a wonderful day: early morning job searches, then I have the afternoon free for the beach and an ocean swim. I might even try to get back on my feet and run. How wonderful it feels to not have to stand on your sore feet and legs for 6 plus hours, to think about work, to talk to customers, to put on a sweet facade.

Enough here though, I cannot waste any more of my day off. It is already passing too quickly and today is the longest day of the year. How did I get to be so lucky to have off on the longest day of the year? Oh sweet celebration. Oh sweet, sweet summer, you have finally begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...