Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I can’t “afford” to live

You know there are some serious issues in your life when suicide seems easier than trying to budget your finances. Seriously. But don’t worry. Don’t put me on your suicide watch list or call me just because of this. I simply only think that life would be easier without money. Or if we were all dead.

Anyhow, good job congress for doing something about the debt ceiling, other than of course sitting on your asses. Give yourself a big pat on the shoulder and go home to your million dollar houses.

Up until recently I didn’t really understand what the implications of letting the debt ceiling default really meant. I mean, I’d followed the news, listened to endless reporting on how no one would budge. Got sick of endless reporting and read all the breaking news today. But it still didn’t click until someone said, “we would turn into Greece”.

What’s so bad about that?, was my first thought. I mean attractive Europeans with beautiful accents, wine and food. Hell yeah. No, not seriously. Though that would be nice. My thoughts were more like, maybe it’ll give the U.S. a reason to get off our fat asses and protest, change things, show the world what we really want. Or maybe it won’t, but I still would have liked to have seen what we would have done, had the Senate not come to a decision. Didn't any of you?

1 comment:

  1. Just found this confirmation article.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/01/opinion/the-president-surrenders-on-debt-ceiling.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general



    Plus, the news media was uterly depressing this morning. . . shoot me now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...