Tuesday, August 16, 2011

THE COOL WIND // POEM

The cool wind blowing in
Cold front is on its way
Dear lord I’m so ready
I can’t wait for this change
Bring on the new air, new air, bring on the new air
I can’t wait till the end of these days

Wrap a sweater tight around your arms
Wait for the sun to drop on down
Night time brings the bleak and black
Waiting for this time, this time to collapse
Bring on the new air, new air
Open the windows, bring on the new air
I can’t wait til the end of these days

Cut my hair
Change my shoes
Exfoliate the tan away
It’s time to change from old to new
Bring on the new air, new air, bring on the cool new air
I can’t wait til the end of these swollen summer days

2 comments:

  1. Sunlight falls through the leaves dancing in this late summer breeze
    A solitary squirell draped on a branch lazily stares through me
    as it rests in a pine, swaying in this late summer breeze. Yeah!

    -AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I think I felt this breeze a little yesterday evening as I was watching Ray sing sweet songs with the Pariah Dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...