Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It is December.

Lazily, I look back on 2010 and reflect. Where has it gone? What have I done that I am proud of? Nothing?

It is Christmas time. The Crossroads shopping center’s Christmas tree was put up more than a month ago, announcing the season of spending. A small elf in a red velvet suit smirks at me each morning as I leave my apartment for work.When I return in the dark, he is the first thing I see as the orange glow from the night floods my open entryway. Our eyes meet. What does he do during the day? What is he smirking about? What does he know?

It is not cold. How can it be December without bitter wind, below freezing temperatures, and flashing lights of salt trucks?

I replace my fridge calendar. Goodbye furry friends with long pink ham tongues and puppy dog looks. Hello European landscapes and exotic places. Will I get to visit you in 2011?

‘Tis the Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...