Thursday, April 4, 2013

REGROW CELERY // HOW TO



I've been learning lately how to harvest veggies from food scraps. It’s quite an enlightening project as I’ve been throwing away usable vegetables for years now. Part of me is slightly embarrassed by the fact that I’ve trashed such valuable resources in the past. But no longer thanks partially to Pinterest.

Cut the base off and instead of tossing it, rinse and put in a clear plastic container with a lid. Add about an inch of water to cover the base of the celery and put in a sunny spot. Since it was still cold outside here on the OBX I put the celery in my east facing spare bedroom and forgot about it. When I returned a few days later it had grown so much it was busting through the lid.





At this point it’s ready to be planted in soil. Be sure to use rich soil as celery needs lots of nutrients to grow big and strong and green. I’ll be planting my celery this weekend and updating you on the process. Check back soon. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...