Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My (desperate) Craigslist Ad: Single female seeks old college roommates to share house and life.

I am on the quest for a cheap place to live. Really, seriously, does this exist?

The cheapest way, I have found to reduce apartment payments is through roommates. Unfortunately, when I graduated from college I got it stuck in my head that I would never, ever, have roommates again. Oh how I was wrong.

After living for 8 months, in a single bedroom apartment, I am taking the leap back into roommates, not just one, but two. I have explored many options, trust me. Craigslist has been my top url for the past 3 months. My dreams are filled with nightmares of houses and apartments covered in rats or cockroaches or worse, silverfish. I have sorted through requests for roommates, my favorite of which was this: “Seeking female student to share downtown apartment with male grad student; 1 bed/bath; share rent, util., food, bed; dress code is au naturale; email and tell me about yourself and what kind of housing needs you have; no pics (yet)”. Maybe a random roommate is not the greatest idea.

Why can't one of my old college girlfriends live in the same city as me? Just one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...